The Air Force’s new sports motto: Go Hurricanes?
Earlier this week, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J., announced it will award a sole-source, firm-fixed price contract to the NHL’s Carolina Hurricanes, stiffing the NHL’s other American teams.
The contract includes the following provisions:
– Five minutes of advertising on the advertising boards, along with one PA announcement, at the Hurricanes’ home ice.
– One table on the concourse
– One autographed team stick
– One 18-person suite
– One conference room for an hour-long presentation
– A logo on the team’s website.
No word on if the other services plan to support other NHL teams. I’d say some natural fits are: Navy – San Jose Sharks, Army – Columbus Blue Jackets, Marines – New Jersey Devil (Dogs), Coast Guard – New York Islanders. The USAF has to be a little jealous of the Winnipeg Jets though, with its logo adorned with a RCAF CF-18.
(hat tip: TIME’s Battleland)